Monday, September 20, 2010

Maroon 5 & Stephen King

When you hear 'Maroon 5' what image pops into your head? Stephen King of course! Well, if your weird like me it makes perfect sense! :D

Today during my day off from college, I was working on my homework and listening to 'Misery' by Maroon 5 non stop! Something about that song, and its title, reminds me of Stephen King, probably because he has a book called 'Misery'. I've never read it but I'd sure like to. So I've also been watching some Stephen King related videos on youtube. Here is a rather funny one!
'Brian runs over Stephen King'

I remember watching 'The Children of the Corn' the last monday of my summer vacation. Man, was it ever good, and scary! It stuck in my mind like crazy glue! Every time I pass by a corn field (I pass by about 15 of them on my way to college) I now think of the story. But It doesn't really scare me, it's more intriguing than it is frightening. I would probably be a big Stephen King fan if it werent for the fact that I don't like to read and I get scared VERY easily. I've also seen other Stephen King movies like 'The Mist', 'Dream Catcher', 'Secret Window', 'Carrie' and 'The Shining'. They all sacred the crap out of me! Especially Dream Catcher! I refrained from drinking tap water for almost a month after watching that monstrosity!

I find it odd really. It seems as though I go through a small Stephen King phase every year around fall... well anyway, that's enough of my boring, pointless babble. I should go now, I caught a cold when I went shopping with Nikki and Ali Saturday, I hope I feel better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Megann! This is Nikki and from henceforth I shall be stalking your blog! Dum dum dummmm!

    But yeah, guess what? I also caught a cold after the shopping trip haha. At least it was fun I suppose.

    ReplyDelete